Sunday 29 March 2009

An AWESOME experience.

I finally managed to fulfill an ambition of 45 years standing when on May 11th, 2009 I witnessed first hand the launch of STS-125. Here are just a few of my favourite shots taken from the trip.  Unfortunately, bad weather at The Cape meant Atlantis was waived off to Edwards Air Force Base for the landing.




Little did I know that 8 years after witnessing the launch I would meet mission Commander Scott "Scooter" Altman and he would present me with a flown STS-125 crew patch, mounted on a photo montage signed by the entire crew. A fantastic memento from the final Hubble Space Telescope servicing mission. Thank you Scooter!

The orbiter Atlantis as she appears today: on display at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment